- Stages (5) of the software development cycle. 11 GEN, 11 ATAR, 12 GEN
- The software development cycle fits within the system development life cycle, specifically within the development phase.
State the Problem
- Be clear on what is needed and who will be using the program.
- Be very clear on what the program must do and how it will be used.
Plan and Design
- Plan the program with IPOs, flowcharts and/or pseudocode
- Determine inputs, processing, outputs (IPO eg)
- eg What inputs are needed?, What processes will happen? What outputs are needed?
- Make flowcharts, and/or algorithms and/or pseudocode.
- Control structures; sequence, selection and loops are considered and used as wanted.
- Code the program.
- Use the pseudocode and a programming language of your choice.
- Test (debug) the program to make sure it works as it is supposed to.
- The program is evaluated to see if it does what it was designed to do.
- When the program needs a software update, an improved version can be distributed.
Step 5 - Further Research
- Wikibooks here
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form