- Purpose of an ICT Code of Conduct. 11 ATAR, 12 GEN
What is a Code of Conduct?
- A code of conduct is simply a set of rules that outlines the responsibilites and expectations of an individual, party or organization
- Companies use a code of conduct to display what is expected from each employee
How does this relate to IT?
- All companies, big and small, often rely on a code of conduct to ensure the behaviour and actions of each employee is up to a certain standard
- In IT, this relates to many aspects of the use of technology (e.g. the Internet and computers)
- Companies will outline their expectations in terms of using computers and the Internet in a code of conduct.
- It ensures computing resources are used for work purposes
- It provides guidelines to protect data, eg company secret files not going online and available for all
Summary of Main Points
- Code of conduct = a set of rules and guides that outline the expectations of an individual, party or organization
- IT code of conduct = generally refers to how technologies such as computers and the Internet are to be used
- Check out an example of a Code of Conduct here
Step 6 - Worksheet and Practice (yet to be added)
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form