- Role for open systems in database interconnectivity and the development and management in data driven websites 12 ATAR
- In order to link to a website that provides a database it needs a system of connectivity.
- This connectivity is a special program called an Application Program Interface or API.
- Picture 2 components here; you on the internet and a database on a computer.
- To get to that database it needs to made available on the internet.
- It can only be made available on the internet by using a special type of software called an API as mentioned above.
- It can also be made available by using Open DataBase Connectivity (ODBC) software.
- The API or ODBC make the connection of database to the internet happen.
Development and Management in Data Driven Websites
- A data driven website is the opposite of a static website that doesn't change.
- It is always changing.
- This is because a data driven website is used by eBusiness.
- Online businesses are examples of this.
- They want to update the items sold on the website.
- They want to update the prices on the website.
- How are these developed and managed?
- Personal are employed to create the website.
- Personal are employed to update all aspects of the site.
- Personal are employed to secure the website.
- There are web companies that can make data driven websites eg for pharmacy HERE
- Management of these websites is sofware focussed.
- Software is used to analyase the data and return reports that provide guidance on clever business decisions.
- Online businesses and other successful large businesses are using reports to beome even more successful.
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form