- Simple functions lookup, vLookup and hLookup 11 ATAR
- lookup tables help us find data in tables
- in the old days, to find the price of a car part from a car part shop, the dude had to look up a book to find the price.
- open the book
- find your car model
- find the car part
- look across on the page for the column that had the cost
- when the price changed, they had to bring out a new book. hmm not the best system.
- nowadays, the same information can be found in a spreadsheet or database
- yes it can be updated easier as well.
- Download the attached spreadsheet which takes you through vLookups.
- Use this link to learn
- Try to make our own hLookup of their example for the vegetable table.
- Try to do the vegetable example with the drop down list too.
see our AIT site
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form